TERM & CONDITIONS
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR CLEANING OF CARPET, UPHOLSTERY, AND TILE & GROUT
Carpet Refresh cannot guarantee that all stains will be removed upon cleaning. Stains derived from caustics, acids and permanent dyes may be permanent stains that cannot be removed. Further, Carpet Refresh cannot be responsible for any pre-existing condition that is not apparent upon visual inspection.
These conditions may include but are not limited to:
- Fugitive dyes not properly set in manufacture or re-dyeing
- Lounge suites that have water or solvent soluble coloured backing material
- Carpet that has been over-stretched during laying or suffers from de-lamination
- Carpet that has suffered sun-damage, making it fragile or affecting dye colour
- The use of high alkaline cleaning solutions or other products that may un-set dyes in the fibres of the carpet or upholstery
- Markers used on carpet, fabric backing or padding.
Carpet Refresh will only warrant claims with respect to the workmanship of the services provided if the claim is reported within 14 days of completion of the work. In the event of a customer complaint, the customer undertakes to give Carpet Refresh the opportunity to rectify all work.
Minimum call out fees apply.
SPECIFIC SERVICE INFORMATION
Prices are subject to a maximum room size of 13 square metres. Stairs are quoted per step. Prices are subject to the condition of the carpet. Difficult stains may incur an additional charge.
Special Offers not available in all areas.
Price is per seating position and subject to the condition of the upholstery. Maximum width of a seating position is 80cm. A seating position wider than 80cm will incur an additional charge. Additional charges may apply for recliners, ottomans and chaises. Leather upholstery is subject to additional charges.
Tile & Grout Cleaning
Carpet Refresh cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen adverse conditions relating to the cleaning of the tiles & grout. This includes but is not limited to:
- Loose, scratched or chipped tiles
- Loose, cracked or missing grout
- UV fading or damage
- Stainage of the tiles & grout
Carpet Refresh’s clear penetrating tile and grout sealer is supported with a 5-year warranty.
Carpet Refresh’s grout colour sealing service is supported by a 10-year warranty (5-year warranty for wet areas such as bathrooms).
The terms and conditions of the warranty are:
- For warranty claims in the case of a spill, you must claim within 5 days of the spill occurring.
- Warranty holder must show their warranty card as proof of purchase when making a warranty claim.
- You must make reasonable attempts to remove the stain with an approved neutral (pH7) cleaning product before calling Carpet Refresh.
- In wet areas such as showers, mould and mildew are excluded from all warranty claims.
- The sealed grout must only be cleaned with a soft bristle brush, such as a soft broom or toothbrush, not a stiff bristled brush.
- This warranty will be voided if the protected areas are cleaned by any company other than Carpet Refresh, or spot cleaned with a product that is not neutral (pH7).
- You agree to have at least one maintenance clean performed by Carpet Refresh (at a discounted price) every 2-4 years from the date of the original clean to keep the warranty active.
- To make a claim you must have this certificate on hand.
- This warranty is not transferable. Normal soiling and dirt build up on hard surfaces and grout are excluded. No other warranty is expressed or implied. No one is authorised to assume for the Company any other liability in connection with this product. Warranty is available to owner-occupied residences only. Not applicable to rental or commercial premises, or shower cubicle floors. Carpet Refresh has the right to exclude certain areas from the warranty.
We prefer payment to be made by Eftpos at the time of purchase and out technician will have a portable Eftpos terminal with him when he completes the job. We accept payment by credit card, but with a 1.5% surcharge. Payments by cash are subject to a cash handling fee of 2%. In the event that payment is not made according to our payment terms and we take action to recover the debt, then you, the client, shall be liable for all costs associated with recovering the debt including, but not limited to, legal costs and debt recovery costs
If payment is made by Credit Card and the transaction cannot be completed for any reason, then payment will be considered to be ‘On Account’ per the Terms and Conditions of the Invoice.
Cheques will only be accepted where an account has been set up prior to the job.
If an account has been set up and payment is not made by the due date, or payment is dishonoured or otherwise, Carpet Refresh reserves the right to charge a reasonable Administration Fee, in addition to all other costs associated with recovering the debt including, but not limited to, legal costs and debt recovery costs.
Cancellation Fees and Surcharges
Carpet Refresh reserves the right to charge customers a cancellation fee (minimum of $75) if adequate notice is not given for the cancellation of the booking. Adequate notice is at the discretion of the Franchise Owner, Technician or Operator who takes your call.
In certain instances, a deposit of $200 may be taken in advance of the job. This deposit is fully refundable and transferable providing you, the client, give a minimum of 2 full business days’ notice that you wish to cancel or transfer the booking. We notice of your intention to cancel to transfer the booking by phone (Ph 0411667139) and not e-mail. Some mailboxes receive a large volume of e-mails in a day and are not constantly monitored.
Surcharges may be charged on jobs booked for weekends, after hours or public holidays; in multi level apartment blocks or when more than one operator is required.
It is the responsibility of you, the client, to organise parking for our technician. Accordingly, any costs for parking will be added to the invoice along with a surcharge if parking is not available within a short distance.
Brochures and Advertising Material
When stated on all advertising material the following conditions apply:
- Room is a maximum room size of 13 square metres. Any room larger will be classified as two rooms.
- Discounting of smaller spaces is up to the individual franchise owner, technician or call centre operator. Discounting of smaller spaces is not a requirement.
- All pricing is subject to inspection and additional charges may be incurred for stain removal, treatment of carpets or rooms that are more heavily soiled, dual process and additional services.
- The maximum width of a seating position is 80cm. If the seat is wider than 80 cm it shall be considered as 2 seating positions.
- Recliners and leather upholstery attract an additional charge
- It is up to the individual technician, franchise owner or call centre operator to honour any kind of advertising material that has been retained by the customer and is out of date or proven by Electrodry’s records to be out of date, or if the advertising material is from another area, franchise zone or state.
- Carpet Refresh’s advertising material is distributed by a third party and Carpet Refresh takes no responsibility for the incorrect distribution of these materials in any case.